Sunday, April 15, 2012

Kooky Kidz Markets - April 14th - Moonta Area School

Well, I have to say I had a fabulous day at my first Kooky Kidz Market yesterday, I missed the first one because we were at a family wedding (although I was very lucky to have 2 fabulous friends Nat & Rach run a stall there for me) so I was very excited to head along.  Markets like this one remind me why I love markets - the atmosphere is lovely & I am pretty sure I spend more time talking than selling!!!


I had fabulous neighbours - Heidi from Shiny Things of Black Springs and oh my goodness her new necklaces are absolutely STUNNING!!!  Heidi's stall display was fabulous too - I really wanted to sneak one of her boards into my suitcase to use at home - it really would look gorgeous with some of my jewellery hanging on it!!

My back neighbours were Little Blue Helicopter and I am not quite sure how I managed to stop myself buying more toys for my boys! There were so many things they would've loved but we're moving house soon so no more toys for now!!

Across the road was Katie-Lee with her other business KooKoo Kidz - I really think we chould nickname Katie-Lee superwoman, not only has she single handedly created this fabulous market for our beautiful area of The Copper Coast but she has done it with out the backing of any major corporations.  Not just that she's got 2 young kids with another on the way yet she still manages to have a smile on her face & something nice to say!!

As usual the KooKoo Kidz stall was gorgeous - who could resist those gorgeous owl beanies?? Can't wait to see what our next baby is (9 weeks to go - woohoo!!) because he/she will definitely be needing one!

Other highlights for me were Buggyboo -  absolutely LOVE their canvases, can't wait to custom order one for a special someone soon & also pick out our lounge so I can buy myself one.  The sayings are just gorgeous and I am pretty sure once you start buying them you'll want one for every room of the house!!

Finally saw the Neat 2 Eat stall in person, if you haven't checked out their fanpage, it is definitely worth a look, since I have started following Ebony's page I have certainly cut back on the amount of pre packaged food I send for school lunches - what Ebony packs for her son is amazing!! I refrained from buying any cutters telling myself I don't need any more I have a massive tub, but you know what, I don't have any miniature ones so they're on the shopping list for when we've moved!

As usual there were gorgeous creations from Handmade by Stacey, 4 Little Babushka's & Fizz by Felicity - 3 more locals with lovely products!

Let's move onto the food, glorious food ... My first sampling of the food & drinks on offer came from Jitter Bean with one of their amazing coffee's.  I first met these ladies when we both had stalls at the YP Field Days in 2010 and have watched their business bloom & grow everytime I have see them since then.  For lunch I had a chicken sushi roll & vegetarian spring roll from Yayas Fresh Delights - without a doubt this is hands down the best sushi I have ever had!  My sweet treats for the day came from Edible Temptations - just writing their name is making me get all giddy and my mouth water.  Their truffles were to die for, I bought 6 and should've bought 36 so I had lots of spares for the weeks to come.  They were amazing.  Look on their page, become a fan and find their next market because you really need to try them!
Cupcakes from Cupcakes & Co were also on our sweet treat list & they certainly didn't disappoint.  How lucky am I that my has organised Kylie to make the cupcakes for her 20th Birthday celebration next Sunday so I won't be hard to find - I'll be hanging out with the cupcake stand... just making sure they all taste ok ;)




For more info on the next market & see a sneak peak at the photos from Danielle Myers Photography head to the Kooky Kidz market fanpage :)

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend!!







No comments:

Post a Comment