Wednesday, September 4, 2013

It's a bit late, but...


Just in case you missed it - I GOT MARRIED!!! Well I should say we got married! 

I have been meaning to blog about this since it happened but life always seems to get in the way of blogging. 

Brett and I have been together for almost 10 years, and best friends for 12.  We have 3 beautiful (well most of the time they're beautiful, they're also noisy, messy, rough and tumble, smart, sometimes smelly and very sweet too :) ) boys!

I can honestly say that it was our dream wedding.  Simple, casual, laid back and no fuss.  And I planned it all in less than a month - YES IN LESS THAN A MONTH.  CRAZY!!!

In fact I was so casual about it that my dress (which was navy - it looks a bit black in photos) only arrived on the Friday prior to our Wednesday wedding.  And we picked the boys outfits up the same day - you have to love a place like Harbourtown for last minute wedding outfits ;)  

I love going as a guest to weddings, but the thought of having a big wedding with 100 guests and all of the hoo haa was nearly enough for me to have a mini meltdown! I am so glad we decided to do it this way, family only - our parents, siblings, children and nieces & nephews.  It was small, intimate & perfect :) 

Now I start a new chapter of my life as Kathryn Loveridge after 34 years as Kathryn Cross - exciting, scary and a tiny bit frustrating because Loveridge is not as easy to sign as Cross so I have spent more hours practising my new signature than I did before I applied for my L's. (Did anyone else do that??) 

We've been married for almost 2 months now & people keep asking me "How is married life treating you" and I have to be honest - it's much the same as non-married life! I do love that we are all Loveridges though :) and I'm pretty sure I get to boss Brett around more don't I?? ;) ;) 

On the Pink Apple front:  

I have to confess that my craft mojo has been hiding lately.  After a HUGE clean up in the office, which actually looked like a junk room, I am feeling excited for some fetes I have coming up and can't wait to get making this week. 

It's funny how many things you find when you're cleaning up - so many beads I forgot about, and some I've had so long that I'm pretty sure they're vintage ;) 

I've been doing lots of cooking lately and have rejoined the gym so if you have any raw/clean eating recipes please share :) 

Hope you are all well, 


Kathryn xo 



No comments:

Post a Comment