Thursday, January 10, 2013

Loveridge family Christmas x

I cannot believe that Christmas is over again for another year! What a lovely time we had - 2 days of Christmas festivities with both sides of our family - precious times!
Christmas is without a doubt one of my favourite times of the year. I love our family traditions, I love sharing the joy of giving with my boys and I love catching up with old friends who don't come home to Kadina very often.
Brett and I hosted the Loveridge Christmas(13 people) for the first time and cooked a traditional roast meal - we had roast turkey, roast pork & roast beef as well as 2 homemade stuffings accompanied by vegie dishes - roast potato & pumpkin, peas & corn, beans & carrots, cauliflower/broccoli and my favourite tomato/zucchini/onion! For dessert we had traditional Christmas pudding served with custard & mock brandy sauce (someone forgot to buy the brandy - oops!!), Christmas cassata or homemade fruit mince tarts - yum!

 We were thrilled with how it turned out!


Table set ready for lunch


Homemade Fruit Mince Pies

Gifts for Brett's rellies - homemade biscuts

Boxing Day was spent at the Beach with my family, my Mum & Dad & The Barker Family (my sister Judith, her husband Mike & their children Charlotte & Henry) It was so lovely to spend a nice day at the beach and Mum did a big roast meal again - it was delicious & we were absolutely full to the brim!

We went back to Mum & Dads again, the Barkers and some other family friends, for New Years Eve which was lovely.  I love how relaxed New Years Eve at the beach is.  A BBQ tea followed by fireworks - I couldn't believe it, we actually made it to the midnight fireworks this year!! The Wallaroo Progress Association does an amazing job with the fireworks and I think this years were the best yet!

I am really excited about where Pink Apple is heading in 2013, I have so many new ideas and plans for this year.  I can't wait to share them with you!!

I hope you are staying cool in this warm weather! 


Kathryn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment