Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Markets, Markets, Markets

Phew, what a busy couple of months it has been in the Loveridge house, with both Pink Apple commitments & personal commitments.

I've had 3 markets, 1 ladies night, 2 weddings, a hens night, The Relay for Life and a few Relay fundraisers, my Dads 70th birthday party and not many spare weekends. I can definately see the light at the end of the tunnel now though, all of my markets have been (and what fabulous markets they all were too!) I only have a couple of little commitments with Pink Apple for the rest of 2010 (Wallaroo Christmas Street party, a display at a local school and a party in a customers home which should all be fun & stress free)


My stall at Lollipop Markets


Wallaroo Preschool Ladies Night


December and January are going to be for rest, relaxation & family time. I have 3 school/kindy concerts in the last week (watching Max practise 'Santa wear your shorts' complete with actions is cute & hilarious - he gets so into the song!!) and Tom is proud as punch that he has managed to learn all of the words to 'Here comes Santa Claus'. It is hard to believe that my boys are growing up so quickly and that 1 is at school and one at kindy!!

I am also going to take the time to do some things I haven't been able to do for a while because of market preparation -

* Make advent calendar for boys (done - idea from Mumspiration, 25 paper cups containing different treats, I've used tiny wooden toys purchased from Maitland Markets, freddo frogs, mini chuppa chups & mini candy canes)

* Take Max to Moonta for lunch & play at the playground

* Read my new Country Style (and a few old ones) from cover to cover

* Make the Red Robin babushka doll out of the kit I bought months ago

* Make the gorgeous Cath Kidston shoulder bag that came with the book 'Sew'

* Finish my christmas shopping

I've decided this Christmas to only buy Handmade gifts or from small businesses - although I have to confess a few for my nieces & nephews will come from Target - it reminds me of the Christmas when I was about 13 or 14 and my best friend Hayley & I decided we'd make all of our christmas presents. I can still see us under the verandah at the farm, making recycled paper with the kit I had - we mushed up newspapers and added all sorts of flowers, the result was the thickest, greyest paper, you couldn't even write on it!!
Our other gifts were pens. We collected sticks from around the farm, drilled holes in them and inserted pen middles from pens be had bought from Value Plus.
The whole thing was a bit of a fiasco & I honestly think that it cost us more to buy the supplies to make our gifts than it would've to just buy presents in the first place!!

This year will be much easier though I have already bought some gorgeous gifts from some very talented locals (pictures after chrismas)



To finish, here is a photo of my lovely family taken by Susan Pointon (Lemon Tree Photography)
Back row - Brother in law Mike, my partner Brett, brother in law David, nephew Harrison
Middle Row - My sister Judith, Mum, Dad, myself, my sister Verity
Front - niece Charlotte, nephew Henry, Max, Tom, niece Annabel

Bye for now
Kathryn xo

No comments:

Post a Comment